During the cold months lots of people use other resources to warm up; space heaters, electric blankets, etc. But if they are putting too much load on your circuits this can cause problems. Sometimes it is better to layer up or just go ahead and turn the heater up a notch than to overload the circuits.
For example a common bedroom circuit is rated for 15 amps, a normal space heater (1500 Watts the same as 15 100 Watt lightbulbs) on High (low pulls about 750 Watts) will pull about 12.5 amps, your lights are on, your radio is on, and bam, lights out–you tripped your breaker.
Now, some people like to use extension cords to make sure the heater is right by them, did you know that different extensions cords are rated for different amounts of Wattage? So yo can overload your extension cord and overload the circuit and cause all sorts of damage and fire danger!!!!!
Make sure you call a qualified/licensed Electrician to work on your home!
We are fully licensed and insured Electrical Contractor. We do work all from Salt Lake City to Payson including Spanish Fork, American Fork, Orem, Lehi, and from Heber to Magna. We have the experience and expertise and do work in all of the electrical areas including residential, commercial, industrial and service work/electrical repair. Give us a call 8013585170.
24/7 emergency service available
Disclaimer: We are not liable this is info only. You must verify with your local authorities on or about your local laws and ordinances.