Here’s the before and after photos of a panel we just completed:
Notice how much cleaner it looks, and safer this is. All of our work is inspected and approved by local jurisdiction.
This Home had a short in the meter they were dropping one of the legs so they lost their 220 and were without their dryer and their A/C we got on this fast and got their power up and going restoring their comfort in their home and life.
Here’s a meter that needed an upgrade. This old meter has a few problems. It was only designed for about 60 to 70 amps and the new meters we install are a minimum of 100 amps. The new meters have the ever important disconnect to not only turn off the power to your home in an emergency but to provide additional protection from overloads shorts etc.
On top of all that, the old meter has no grounding protection. We added the required grounding and went above and beyond whenever possible. There was also the clearance issue with the overhead wires/conductors. We made sure they are at the right height. We did this using what is called a “mast” or a “riser” going through and above the roof and when required supports back for the load.
Here is the box we cleaned up and replaced.
To provide additional wiring, sometimes we need to cut a hole into the wall. If we are just replacing the panel then most of the time there are no cut outs/repairs.
It’s important to keep your electrical in repair and we were happy to help this home with a new panel. If you have any concerns about your electrical – please give us a call. Our highly qualified staff offers competitive prices before we do any work. Let us know how we can help!
Disclaimer: This is an informational blog, please always call your local licensed and insured electrical contractor to work on your electrical!
Okay Lets Talk Commercial or Industrial this also applies to Residential this really makes cense for all buildings.
This is a perfect example to pay attention to safety. You can see in the first photo a doorway that is an Emergency Exit but Wait check out the second photo theres a little problem here. You may have to push really hard
to get out of this doorway.
These doors and safe Work Areas are here for a reason if for some reason there is a failure then the Workers need a way out. the door has the proper panic bar to help them get out fast but wi the cabinet behind this just may cause someone there LIFE yes really it may.
Please keep all doorways and work areas clear this is for your safety as much as for others. Yes it is worth a few more moments to do it right.
Disclaimer: These are just some examples, this was meant as a fun easy to read blog, but remember hiring a licensed, current on continuing ed, insured, qualified electrician and they will know the laws for your area and the codes, Handyman aren’t watched by the state so they don’t have to obey all the laws and codes and regulations. Knowing, researching and learning the local codes and laws will help you also.
Lets talk safety again, can you see a problem in these photos?
The problem is there is no clearance for the Electricians to work on the meter. What happens if the meter starts sparking? Oh my goodness, then you have your AC unit on fire also! Plus the heat from the AC unit going can heat up the meter. Electricians need room to work. There is actually code on this, from the NEC Code Book – “For equipment serving between 120 volts and 250 volts, the regulations require a minimum of three feet of clearance. The width of the working space in front shall be 30 inches minimum or width of the equipment. The OSHA standard (29 CFR1910.305 (d)) requires a dead front on electrical panel boards.”
There are many times Electricians have to wade through boxes or storage containers or outside equipment such as wheelbarrows, lawn mowers, hoses, etc to get to the panel/meter or box they are working on, which causes an unsafe environment for them. Also, again, if there is sparking coming from the panel or meter or electrical box and it sparks and hits a cardboard box in your storage area, then you have bigger problems then a light or outlet not working.
So, lets keep it clean for your safety and ours!
Disclaimer: this is an information blog, not meant as a how to, please always call your local insured and licensed electrical contractor to work on your electrical!